Sunday, May 9, 2010

Owen Nathaniel

Adding to the weekly blog carnival at Kelly's Korner I am adding the story of our baby's name.

Just like so many of you, I have played with names and especially potential baby names ever since I can remember. One reason I grew to love writing fiction was the possibilities that came with the naming of characters. So when it came time to name a baby for real I had no idea what to do. We had had a girl's name but once we found out we were having a boy we had to start from scratch. I kept lists everywhere. I loved lots of names. My husband, not so much. My one caveat was that I wanted the initials to spell something positive. That actually helped rule out several names, but also added it's own challenge. We settled on Owen (young warrior) as a first name and Nathaniel (gift of God) for a middle name. The initals spell ONR (Honor). His nickname is short and sweet- "O"!

We will keep the girl's name under our hat just in case!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin