Monday, October 1, 2012

Forty Falls/Autumn

Yesterday was a great day. It was a day of reflection and decision making; a day of honing in on the path of my life and where my heart lies as I am on the verge of 40.  I know turning 40 will feel great after the fact, but the road there has felt a little bumpy and uneven; a cobblestone road of sorts. Pretty to look at, difficult to maneuver.  Turning 30 was the best; I had met my biggest life goals at the time of publishing writing (a kids yoga article in a parenting magazine) and buying a home. I remember feeling vibrant and beautiful, independent and strong.  My thirties have been all about milestones such as moving across the country to start a new life with Derek, getting engaged and married, and becoming a mother.  Wow, those are big. So here we are, on the brink of 40.  Several experiences and events have conspired to make me really begin to hone in on the next twenty years. The focus:

motherhood, family and raising my children

This includes several goals within itself:

*use Spanish exclusively with the kids while I still have a chance for them to be bilingual

*infuse my beliefs about a calm, centering home by simplifying and decluttering

*learn to menu plan, coupon, shop and cook more efficiently to make the best use of our time

I am reading a book called The Minds of Boys and according to its author there are three areas that impact boys' brains: nutrition, screen time, and head injuries.

There are several guidebooks I plan to use in this endeavor:

Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents, Deepak Chopra

um I don't know the titles for the rest yet. will keep you in the loop! :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin