In case I haven't mentioned it, having Fridays at home with my littles makes all the difference. I will definitely be continuing that if not increasing the time at home in the coming years. Yesterday we had such a lovely day. It was cold in the morning, so we stayed home, made blueberry muffins for breakfast, cleaned up, organized the pantry, cleaned the kids bathroom, and fixed some lunch. After lunch, we headed over to the annual tree festival, sponsored by the Boys and Girls Club. We looked at the many gingerbread houses, tabletop trees, large trees, and also hung out for a while in the Kids corner making cards and ornaments. Owen even got to decorate a sugar cookie and he shared it with Laney. Both kids enjoyed seeing all the decorations and working on the crafts. Then we stopped at the bathroom, where O. used a stall all by himself for the first time and Laney used the potty too! She is getting to where she will use the potty 2-3 times a day. Early Friday morning she had her baby doll sit on her pink potty 2-3 times and we praised the doll and gave her stickers and then lo and behold Laney sat and did BOTH pee pee and poo poo too. (She has pooed a handful of times on the potty but not as consistently as tinkling)
After the bathroom break we walked around at The Patios (the outdoor part of the mall) and saw a building site outside of Sears where they are putting in an outdoor play area. Then we drove over to Ralph's and pulled up right next to Grandma and Grandpa's car. It was a gorgeous, coolish, sunny Fall afternoon and Laney was ready to fall asleep so I called G and G and the timing worked out perfectly because they were just about to check out. So they came out and sat with the kids while I ran in and got a few groceries for the weekend. I drove home the long way and both kids were sleeping when I pulled in the garage around 3:30. I unloaded the food and the kids and started thinking about starting dinner. Of course Laney woke up (she had been sleeping over an hour) so she and I played downstairs and then I started making the cornbread and turkey chili for dinner. (Trader Joe's cornbread mix is the best!) Owen slept til 5:15 or so and after dinner we got ready for a popcorn/movie night. We had bought some fundraiser Kettle corn from our neighbor Kiera (her dance team is going to perform at Disney in April) and she had delivered it Thursday evening. So Owen picked out Numberland from Leapfrog for the movie. It has Violet and Scout (the kid's leapfrog dog stuffed animals) as main characters. Laney munched Pirate's Booty puffed baked corn and O. loved the kettle corn. Altogether a fun fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment