Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Walk Through my garden...


Nasturtium- we planted about a month ago. Edible orange hummingbird friendly flowers (with a peppery bite) will bloom soon!

a succulent I bought in Silver Lake when we still lived in Los Feliz, next to Robyn's Rabbit


mint from my friend Peggy; can't wait to try some fresh mint tea!


my great-grandmother's lilac bush is growing!

our camellia from Tico Joe; needed more shade and is doing fantastic potted on the front porch. The leaves are now coming in deep green and glistening. We learned all about camellias on our trip to Descanso Gardens in April.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plants look really great, P. The plants out in my yard are doing extremely well, but unfortunately, my potted plants on the patio are dying a slow and miserable-looking death. My thumbs are brown, I am afraid.

soliluna said...

are the potted plants getting too much/too little sun?
put a pic of your yard on fb!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea. And, no, I am not going to post pics of my ugly yard on the Internet. I may post a pic of the little flower bed I made last weekend while Auggie was mowing, though. They appear to still be living. :)

Minotaur said...

P:

The peppermint is a good choice for any herb garden but it looks like you planted it directly into the ground.

I made the same decision a few years ago and regretted it. Because it is so persistent and invasive, my mint is squeezing out other plants in the garden.

I recommend transplanting it into an in-ground container before it gets away from you...

Unknown said...

I am doing some gardening this year as well. Some tomatoes, indian green leafy vegetables, small chillies, long green beans etc. Will post a pic if it does well. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin