I'm not sure if they stuck the needles in my body or my wallet!
I've always wanted to try acupuncture, and today was the lucky day!
After a short (20 min.) consultation I found myself relaxing on a table with ten small needles stuck in my calves, feet, abdomen, head, hands and ear! (just the right ear-and it hurt!) burned actually. she said that was due to the lack of tissue there. $105 later I heard the words,
"Come back tomorrow."
Hold on, what?
"Tomorrow? Um, how many times..." I started
"Come tomorrow, skip Sunday, come Monday, then Wednesday, then..."
Hold up, what?
"I don't think I can afford that," I said.
"Well, come two times a week then. But come tomorrow. What time can you come?"
Ok. So I have a 10:30 appt. But I'm thinking of learning acupressure and staying home. What do you think?
(p.s. the first appt. had a $40 charge for initial consultation, follow-ups will be $65, but stilllll)
4 comments:
PAYING someone to poke me with needles? No thanks. Not unless I was dying from some incurable illness and this was my last shot. Enjoy yourself tho'.
I was about to try accupuncture to improve fertility when we were trying to conceive. As it turns out we did not need it, but I have heard and read many stories about women getting knocked up after getting poked with them needles!
I also had a friend from college who went regularly for migraines and swears by it. She would go to the accupuncturist when she felt the migraine coming on and it would be completely gone after the appointment. Normally, she would suffer with pain and light sensitivity for days on end.
I say try it for a month, if you can afford it, just to give it a fair shot. :)
Actually...I like the needle part!
and, yes, I am going today! so excited!
i swear by acupuncture, in fact i was just recommending it to someone this morning. i know it SEEMS expensive, but if this can help you maintain health and well being, think about all the money on meds (or other things that help you feel better) that you WONT NEED! It's really incredible.
I do think, however, that you should not need to go that often. When I started, I went once a week for 3 weeks, then started going once a month, then started going seasonally for "tune-ups". I love the needles too, I hope you stick with it!! (I also pay $65/session, that's pretty standard)
Post a Comment