Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Playing catch up


Whew- I've spent the last hour catching up a little more on the blog. I am now up to mid-April and have about 10-12 major posts from April, May, June and July in order to catch up completely. It has taken me all summer to do, but I WILL do it! Maybe it's the pressure of only having a short amount of time left before going back to work, but I will be caught up on both blogs by August 15!

Some of the major posts I will cover include three birthdays (including O's), a baptism, our amazing trip to Costa Rica to visit Gramp, and lots of summer fun. We have been enjoying days filled with play, art, music, trips to the library (Castaic and Acton/Agua Dulce), water play in the backyard, community pool and Aquatic Center and lots of playdates and day trips. We've also spent lots of time playing at My Gym and checking out fun places with daddy on the weekend. I will also have to dedicate a post to Owen's development as a two year old so far. He amazes me every day.

Just today we had a reading party on mommy's bed, made pillow mountains, did yogastories, made yogurt popsicles and blue cream cheese, painted three banks (saving, spending, and sharing) and decorated water cups for Fall. We have missed Grandma and Grandpa who have been at their Naples condo all summer. They are now on their way back and Owen couldn't be more excited to see them. In fact, he couldn't nap today because he thought they were coming today. "Tuesday, momma." Skype made the summer a little easier but he loved to play "going to naples" and pretend to fly there on the airplane like he did when we visited Gramp. We miss Gramp a bunch and keep trying to Skype but so far the schedules haven't aligned. Maybe tomorrow, Gramp?

This week we are excitedly awaiting the arrival of Aunt Susie and Uncle Dallas for a Southern California visit too! We may be at the end of summer, but there is lots going on! What have YOU readers been up to this summer?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin