Monday morning I watched K. for the morning and she and O had a blast! Six year olds are very busy and have LOTS of ideas! In 3 1/2 hours we played Fisher Price, had a dance/music/instrument party, played hide and seek, played playdough, made and decorated kites, had a campout snack in the backyard beach tent (watermelon, water, and snack bars), played campout, and went to the park to fly our kites! Whew! Then we came back for a second round of snacks (crackers and water in the backyard). Very fun morning. Laney had a blast hanging out and watching, but was too excited for a nap.
Consequently she fell asleep the moment K. left, O had lunch and also fell right to sleep by 12:40 so I had two sleeping babies for a good hour and a half. Time for a shower! When Laney woke up, she and I read books on the couch. Once they were both up, we headed to castaic library to return DVD's and get our summer reading club prizes, then to Trader Joes for some groceries and veggies to start pureeing and freezing for Laney girl. We got home around 4, O had a snack (peanut butter banana happy face pancake with grapes and milk) and I started dinner prep and fed Laney.
Dinner was broccoli, cauliflower, two kinds of pasta and peas/mushrooms. O ate a TON! Daddy got home at six and momma left to meet some colleagues for coffee (I actually had tea- vanilla rooibos). I got home around 9:30, fed Laney and went to sleep. What a nice day. Too soon it will be back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment