Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Full moons, ghosts and Fall fun!

I am tired of playing catch up so I will write about tonight for once! We had a lovely evening meeting for dinner at Chick Fil A. There was a full moon and it was pretty warm (low 70's). We ran into Lillian, Spiro and their boys there and Owen had his hand painted by the staff of My Gym, where he goes to class. He saw Miss Brittany from My Gym too!

When we got home it was my turn for bedtime, but Derek helped me start the routine while I nursed Laneygirl. She started wearing her 12 month size sleepers last night. O had a late nap (til nearly 7) so he was a great listener for bedtime. He played Laney some songs on the ukelele and we read a few stories. He loves a beginning reader I checked out from the Castaic Library called 'Shopping for Lunch' about Joe and his mom who buy apples, pb and j ingredients, and milk at the grocery store, then take it home and make lunch. Tonight he finished the last word on every page. Then I put on his first story on tape.

When I was little, I had a large collection of stories on tape. My parents made them and most had colorful cases covered with pictures cut from catalogs that had to do with whatever was on the tape. My favorites were The Wizard of Oz (4 tapes), The Mixed Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler, and Shirley Temple songs. I started collecting stories on tape not only for my elementary classes, but for my own kids to someday enjoy. For the past two or three nights, I have started putting on music for O. to fall asleep with. Tonight we tried a story. He chose Franklin's Baby Sister. I can't wait to start hearing all the different stories that are waiting for him. Goodnight my sweet babies!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin