Saturday, September 22, 2007

A cozy fallish saturday



We had rain overnight. Our first real rain since buying the house last May. It rained and rained and when I woke up the streets and patio were slicked and the plants dripping with joy. It is a perfect day for staying inside and relaxing, which works out perfectly since I'm a little "under the weather" myself. The sore throat that attacked Thursday night has subsided, but the sinus issues remain. I went to school yesterday regardless, as Fridays are usually a little too much fun to miss, and I'm already out of the room a lot this fall due to coaching seminars( for first year teachers in the district), trainings, etc. Apple week ended witha bang when we taste-tested applesauce and in the afternoon made funny fruit faces witih pears, cherries and raisins. Fun stuff.

Today is all about cozy. we're talking tea and coffee, vaccuum cleaners, candlelit bubble bath, and fresh laundry (with maybe a little grocery shopping thrown in) I would love to make something cozy for dinner. Please post your favorite cozy meals in the comments section~ what a perfect time for all you "lurkers" to make your first comment!

Hope the weather in your area is cooperating with your plans today, whatever they may be!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cozy Meal Menu Choices

Cream of Tomato Soup
Toasted Cheese & Tomato Sandwich
Homemade Potato Soup w/thinly sliced nearly invisible onion and egg thickener.
Sizzling Birdseed Casserole per Aunt Susie's recipe
Hungarian Goulash w/garlic bread
Super Mac & Cheese w/xtra cheddar & sour cream sauce
Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole
Roasted Veggie Sandwich on Italian Loaves sliced lengthwise
Mulled Cider

soliluna said...

mmmthanks joy! we pick soup/sandwich or mac/cheese! mulled cider sounds delish...and we even have mulling spices in the pantry! we'll need that sizzling birdseed recipe!

Anonymous said...

We just had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. This is the best example of comfort food I can think of. Of course, I put my own healthy twist on this old familiar fave.

Spaghetti: the new high fiber pasta with 12 grams of fiber (8 grams soluble)

Meatballs: made of soy

Sauce: organic with lots and lots of garlic added

Hope you feel better soon, P!

Gretchen

Minotaur said...

P:

I understand that the Southern California has received record low rainfall for sometime now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/jun/25/usnews.climatechange

There is genuine concern that the new low rainfall rates have continued for long enough that they should be considered the new normal. If so, the area cannot sustainably support the present population and agriculture simultaneously...

Grilled Cactus Pads

4-6 small (palm sized) cactus pads (nopalitos)
Olive oil and brush

Remove spines and eyes w/ knife or peeler
wash;
trim bruised and dry parts;
wash;
grill for 10 to 12 minutes on each side;
brush with olive oil occasionally while grilling.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin