Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What's in Your Fridge?

So, dinner worked out well. I am not the main cook in the house so it's always an adventure when I decide to make dinner. D. planned to hit the gym after work so I wanted to have a good dinner waiting for him when he got home at 7:30. I knew I would
a-have to go shopping or
b-be creative with the ingredients in the house

I opted for B, then started looking for websites where you can punch in your ingredients and they give you recipes to make. I found firehousechefs.com
but they recommended I make Yorkshire pudding with my eggs, milk, and butter.

nah.

I decided to be creative on my own.

This does not always work out well.

I surveyed the refrigerator and the pantry and zeroed in on these ingredients:

egg noodles
mushroom gravy
peas
frozen pre-cooked ground turkey (thanks, mom!)

So I set about prepping a winter casserole. and guess what?
It was good.
I mean really good.
I know this not only because I thought it was pretty tasty, but because D. had
three bowls. 3!

Maybe I'll try this cooking thing again tomorrow! (after I stop by the market.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin