Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Almost winter...

Despite the wild weather and war, the energy crisis and global warming, I find myself in a definitively holiday-type mood. I don't even mind the early nightfall. Tonight, for example, I find myself enjoying a cup of hot tea and a generous square of moist gingerbread for dinner. (For dinner, you say?) Well, yes. For dinner. There is no tree up yet; that is scheduled for Saturday, but the stockings are hung by the chimney with care, and the mantel/mantle is lit with a curling strand of light-studded greenery and three stocking hangers. I stayed at school til 6 pm tonight, til it was dark as night, putsying around my classroom and just enjoying it. So nice to know it's only a five minute drive home. It makes it much more attractive to stay later. (And so productive!)
In one week get ready for the casitaluna version of the 12 days of Christmas. yay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin