Sunday, December 23, 2007

Home colors





I spent the day happily cleaning around the house; you know all that dusting and and cleaning off the "hot spots" like the table etc. So, a friend is stopping by to hang out tonight before he leaves town to visit his girlfriend's house for the holidays. The candles are lit, the halls are still decked, and the live tree is holding out. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. As I walked through the house after the last dryer load was folded and the dishwasher emptied, I was just enjoying the color schemes throughout the house. Here they are:

Living/Dining room- dark royal blue, dark red, and burnt orange with touches of dark yellow and copper accents

Kitchen- Brighter red, blue, and yellow accents and coffee art (Red trashcan, red striped valance) If there is a theme, it's might develop off the wooden Portuguese painted rooster someday. I have this idea to create a mosaic backsplash with the bright colors. (For winter it has snowman accents-cookie jar and oven towel with red)

Laundry room- sage green and white

1/2 bath downstairs- dark red with orange accents

flooring throughout the first level is dark laminate wood

Master bedroom- dark red bedding/curtains with chocolate brown carpet
(walls are pale yellow)

Master bath- sand and sea (light aqua and sandy brown)

2nd bedroom- currently butter yellow- will be repainting apple green

3rd bedroom-(D's studio) Silver and Red with silver glaze-black accents

up bath- currently purple and green (thinking of ideas for future)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin