It feels wintry here today; cold and gray. Here is a taste of my day:
taught kinder from 8-3; we tasted gingerbread men cookies and brainstormed describing words about them. Here is a selection of what my kidlets came up with:
sweet
hard
sugary
tasty
delicious
brown
Each student started by taking one bite and putting the cookie down. Then I gave them a paper gingerbread man and they had to cut off the part they bit, either the head, the arm, or the leg. Then we made a pictograph of the parts bitten. 12 kids bit off the head, 3 an arm, and 3 a leg! We also learned about the letter C and made paper mitten wreaths today. At 3:30 I:
headed to the grocery store for supplies to make the Daisy cupcakes for our Investiture ceremony on Wednesday. Here is what I bought:
organic milk
3 thick and creamy yoplait yogurts
french bread pizza (deluxe)
cake mix
frosting
cupcake liners
2 frozen lunches (butternut squash ravioli and vegetarian masala)
food coloring (to make yellow center of daisy cake)
Then I stopped at the floral department and a florist shop searching for fresh Daisies to buy on Wednesday since we want to give each girl a real daisy with her pin at the ceremony. Found daisy mums at Bloomie's for $2.50 a bunch (3-5 blooms on a bunch) yay!
Next I stopped at the Union Bank branch to set up an appointment to open the non-profit fee-free checking account for the Daisy troop. Four of us need to go at once, so it took a bit of coordination. I haven't been inside a bank in a while. (our credit union is in Florida!) They had a weapon check entrance where you walk in one at a time and the interior door doesn't open til the outside door has shut. weird/wild!
Finally I got home, turned on our cheery garage Christmas lights (that D. put up on Saturday!), and came in to greet the Lu. I made a snack of a grilled cheese, tomato soup, and milk which I haven't had in ages! Now it's time to watch a netflix movie before D. gets home. Hope you had a productive Monday too!
3 comments:
Oh, stop bragging about all that energy you have. Punk.
G
yee-haw! gotta use it til i lose it,right???
VERY true. The weeks creep up on you. Use your time wisely, young grasshopper. :)
Post a Comment