Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It's been a lovely quiet day here at home. Luna is snoozing beside me with her head all curled up cute. I am watching General Hospital! I see it about twice a year, and I just can't get over how quick you can jump back into the characters and storyline. It seems like I've known many of the characters my whole life! The Quartermaines, Felicia, Bobbie, Luke...it's fun to go into their world bi-annually for just a bit. I worked on knitting a scarf today, finished writing thank yous to my students, sent a few online gifts, and had a surprise holiday visit from our realtor, who sweetly remembers us and stops by even a year and a half after moving in! Love it! D. had a half-day at work and decided to stop at Whole Foods on the way home since we are expecting a winter storm this afternoon/evening. We are having cinnamon rolls Christmas morning, and pot roast with carrots and potatoes for Christmas dinner. Little one is hanging out, shooting me adorable little bubble "kicks" every couple of hours. I've been having fun surfing the internet too. Here is just a sampling of the topics I've searched today:

1. Vail, Colorado rental homes (just for fun-no ski trips planned in the immediate future)
2. modern nursery photos (flickr has a nice set) for baby room ideas (check out my friends' adorable nursery at www.hijackd.blogspot.com)
3. wine cabinets
4. cat vaccinations
5. virtual tour of our labor and delivery unit (go to www.kp.org/ob/scal and click panorama city)
6. blogsurfing (including some of the 900+ virtual Christmas decorations tours at www.boomama.net from Dec. 15)
7. penguin thematic materials (I am teaching winter intersession to 2nd grade at my school Jan. 5-9 and we will be reading Mr. Popper's Penguins!)

Wishing everyone a happy holiday-love and quiet hugs from our chilly California valley!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That's funny. Auggie and I were just talking about a possible ski lodge vacation in the next few years. I have always wanted to do that, even though I have never skiied in my life. Auggie wants to go snowboarding and I want to hang out in the jacuzzi drinking hot toddies! LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin