Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Day off

Derek stayed home from work this morning since we had a dr. appt. at 11:20. He spent the morning baking chewy chocolate cookies, a new recipe from Cooks Illustrated magazine. They turned out delicious! We each had one at 10:30, before leaving for the appt. Today we got to see a Certified Nurse Midwife for our 16 week appt. She was wonderful. She waited patiently as I made my way through my list of questions and we listened to the heartbeat. After the appt. I got a flu shot and some labwork before going over to Homegoods for some last minute Christmas shopping. I came home at 2:00 and had an absolutely delicious lunch! Yesterday I was craving egg salad with lettuce and tomato big time so I had stopped at Von's to pick up eggs, mayo, celery, lettuce, and tomatoes. I made a big batch of egg salad yesterday and had a big sloppy sandwich on an Asiago cheese bagel with bread and butter pickles and cucumber slices on the side yesterday. Today was a repeat performance, but I learned that the bagel sandwich worked better as an open face sandwich, plus that way you get double the lettuce and tomatoes! I had celery sticks on the side with a big glass of milk and one of D's cookies for dessert. Needless to say, I am stuffed and ready for a little snooze!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Yummo! I definately went through an egg salad phase and still crave those everyone once in a while. Mmmm.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin