Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A quiet night at home

Lu and I are hanging out tonight; D. is working late. I was reading a Young Adult novel (Briar Rose*, by Jane Yolen) out back on the patio as dusk subtly commandeered the afternoon light. Lu finally descended from her stairtop stainmaster throne and realized I had abandoned her. After a few cock-eyed looks she reached up the glass door with her two front paws and began furiously pawing at the door. I don't think it was "let me out", but rather, "how dare you go out there when I am waiting to PLAY!" So, I flipped the book haphazardly on the foot rest, pages splayed to reveal the plot-thickening meat of page 97 of Ms. Yolen's tome. I made my way inside and played. Lu's top three game choices right now:

1. chase (this means up, down, all around the house) (includes sub-game of hide and seek) she hides, you seek!
2. volleyball (ponytail holders, catnip mice, or milk bottle rings are all fodder for this game)
3. yoga (various contortions and stretches I cannot even begin to simulate with human anatomy)

*highly recommended, ages 14 and up (well, maybe 16 depending on your p.o.v)
an artful, historically meaningful novelization of the ancient tale of Sleeping Beauty
see: on the nightstand

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin