Sunday, August 12, 2007

Test-ride

Today I timed the bike ride from home to my new school...18 minutes outgoing, 15 minutes incoming. Keep in mind that outgoing is mostly uphill...something I didn't really realize in the car. Of course, that means coming home I can pick up some speed as I feel the wind whip by~ definitely will make the rides worth it. By the way, if I try to rationalize not riding, keep reminding me of the triple whammy of positive reasons to ride:

*getting in shape- built-in cardio
*doing my little part for the environment
*avoiding car payments by conserving what's left of my little 8 yr. old car

My target departure time will be 7 am; I have to be at school at 8. So, this allows for slower riding/resting and/or on really energetic days I will arrive at school with plenty of time to spare!

In other news, D.'s cousin leaves for college tomorrow. She is the oldest of four girls, and we know it's an exciting/emotional time for the whole family! Best of luck, A! We love you!

(ps keep in mind this means she was born while we were in high school! This in turn means that the cute little buttons I've babysat through my high school and college days are now teenagers or even adults! aaack!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin