
A picture to entice you into reading the post! (The catrun of Lu's dreams)
Many of you may find this *boring* (as I sometimes do when I come across these on other blogs), but I feel the need to provide a checklist of what was accomplished today:
*3 loads of laundry
*1 1/2 loads of dishwasher dishes
*new stained glass window installation by front door (D. managed this project from start to finish! He found the artist, described what we wanted in our custom window, and supervised today)
*mulched the backyard (in hopes of saving my shrubs/plantings? some leaves are turning white and then withering. my friend suggested switching to morning watering, instead of afternoon.) This after hunting down the cedar mulch at the local OSH
*vacuumed the new carpet
*washed out the litter pan and replaced with fresh crystals
*returned library books**
*cleaned all three toilets
*cleaned our master bedroom closet
*cleaned desk area/shredded/filed paperwork
*balanced checkbook and organized receipts
*printed photos of my students to hang on the "we follow the rules" board
*printed colorful signs for my learning/play centers
*started a "to do" list for my trip to Washington D.C. next weekend (one of my exchange student sisters is getting hitched on Saturday!)
*made bed with fresh linens
*hung curtain in doorway between master bed and master bath
Needless to say, it's been a busy day!
I also managed to take a quick backroad side trip to an area near us where The Masters College is located. Just a few yards away is the entrance to Melody Ranch Picture Studios, a working filming location. J.O- you might be interested in this as they film "Deadwood" there. It's about 3 miles from us. Here are the links:
www.masters.edu
www.melodyranchstudio.com
Sorry, no stained glass window pix yet; the putty has to set for two day and there are little wooden holders all over it. Soon, though! One clue: the window includes two beautiful green vines and 11 leaves!
**I have accumulated an embarrassingly large library fine of $5.90 in only 3 months of living here. (Truthfully, it should be
$7.40 but I paid $1.50 off a couple weeks ago.) I blame the lack of reminder emails like I used to get in L>A> Actually, I blame myself. Oh, well. I will try to be better about this. I guess that will have to come out of the *$ (starbucks) fund.
2 comments:
Peggy, I have known you for what, like 15 years, and have never known you to be so clean and organized! Married life certainly serves you well. You are putting me to shame. I have not completed half of the cleaning and home improvements in the last two years that you have completed in the past few months! It sounds like you are truly happy with everything in your life right now. I can't tell you how happy that makes me, and I am sure your parents and other friends.
Can't wait to see pics of the new stained glass door. Wow!
Love,
Gretchen
so true, so true! having a home to put everything in it's "home" really helps! (so does having a garage with storage shelves! (When G. and I graduated, I was living out of my trunk (and in her parent's house until we rented our own place together!)
Post a Comment