Tuesday, June 12, 2007

the early train

Since mid-January, I've been teaching an afterschool intervention class from 3:25-4:15 on Tuesday through Friday. Mondays, the students leave are dismissed at 1:30 and we are in "professional development" til 4:30. Due to this schedule, today was the first day I could leave at the contract end time of 3:30 since December break! It felt GREAT! I caught the earlier 4:10 train instead of the 5:40, and was walking in my front door by 5:00 p.m. It was a day I really needed it too! By the time I would've gotten home, (6:30) I had already accomplished the following:

*change clothes, freshen up
*yoga stretch in new yoga/meditation room
*run dishwasher
*feed Lu
*gather laundry
*check email (where I found not one but THREE personal emails with new kid photos!L, T, J, and A are adorable gals! and the debut of "?" too!)
*update blog
*change address on two accounts
*found two items missing since move (very important ones too- I might add- all 3 sets of tweezers AND my password booklet for all computer accounts)
*drank 2 glasses of water and one oj
*snacked of "sugar plum" tomatoes
*played with Lu
*watered plants in backyard and did a handstand against the house!

Things I did not do that I used to do as soon as I got home BSC:
*put on pajamas
*sit on the couch
*eat a lot
*remain inert
*forget everything else I put on my todo list that day

1 comment:

elizabethanddennis said...

What are sugar plum tomatos? Doesn't it feel good to get so much done. If I'm in the mood, I can really crank things out. Otherwise, it's sucked into the computer.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin