Imagine the life you kept waiting for. The one where you were all grown up and married to a grand love living in your "grown-up" home together. The home you were in when you 'played house' as a child, busily scurrying about preparing meals in the wooden kitchen. Then imagine that there is a sweet cat living in the house too. That every day you wake up and walk down the street like Ms. Nelson to the neighborhood school to teach.* Now imagine that you are living the life you've imagined! This is my reality!
So I've finished week one of transit rider status; I feel like a seasoned commuter! My friends and even classroom parents have been so generous and thoughtful; often calling around 7 am to make sure I've transitioned from the train to the bus or offering rides from school to the train station in the afternoon. It's especially fun to watch the other commuters; imagining their lives and work. It's like being in an airport people watching. The fun difference for me is I rarely get to see grown men and business women going to and from work, as I am at school so early. Last night I did dream that I missed the train and couldn't figure out how to get to work, though. That will not happen in real life! Last night I didn't ride the train home because we had a graduation party in the city. Next Friday I hope to visit a co-workers month old baby and then take the subway over to Universal for an evening birthday party.
Today we have a busy day of unpacking and organizing ahead; of course you can imagine the list of "to-do's" we have already created! Happy weekend to all.
* (The infamous protaganist from the story "Ms. Nelson is Missing" decided to scare the bejeebers out of her unruly class by becoming the meanest 'sub' ever via a wig and dark clothes; though I've avoided a complete costume change, I will admit to donning a funny pair of glasses and an accent on occasion to create an alter ego named Ms. Grichard who is NOT so very friendly!)
No comments:
Post a Comment