Sunday, June 24, 2007

Luna Bella



Here are two photos from her profile at "Petster.com"

This post is dedicated to the namesake of both my blogs. I realized that throughout 13 months of blogging, I have posted plenty of pix of Lu, but have not really written about her. So:

Full name: LunaBella

Previously known as: Jewel

Also Known As: Luna, Lu, LunaTuna, LuBella, Luba Chicken
Looby, Looshky, Smoochie, BabyGirl, etc.

Breed: American short-hair tuxedo

Gender: Female

Coloring: Black with white chest/chin and socks, white whiskers, yellow-green eyes and black nose

Age: 4.9 people years

Birthday: September

Her Story: A cute black and white cat started hanging out on my front walk the first week of August, 2003. From the first moment, something about her captivated me. I said, "If she returns for three days in a row, I'll keep her." You don't think the fact that I put out food and water swayed her, do you? Well, on the third day, just after I decided to keep her and called the vet with all my questions, my neighbor mentioned that just such a cat was missing from the next cul-de-sac. She wore no collar or tag. My heart sank. I knew the house. There were always cats in and out of the window. I walked right over and knocked on the door. Apparently, the cat had belonged to the girl's sister who could no longer keep it. Since they already had three cats, they agreed to take 'Jewel', but she wouldn't stay in the house. "Well, she has no tag, and I've fallen for her. Can I have her?" I asked unabashedly. Luckily they agreed. My husband and I had started dating just the week before, so he always jokes that he only had me to himself for one week.

Age when I got her: 11 months

Food: 1 small can Fancy Feast whipped in the morning (yes we're whipped!), 1/2 cup dry fancy feast in the evening

Favorite games: laser tag, mouse hunt, volleyball, and chase

Number of Social Networking websites she belongs to: 1 (www.Petster.com/soliluna)

Litter: silica (this stuff is a bit noisy but smells great and looks space-age)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous Christmas Cat!

soliluna said...

yay- thanks for commenting!

MegaLu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MegaLu said...

Hi Pegala, Lalunatuna is sucha pretty gata! I miss you guys here is SouthFLA! Megala

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin