Friday, July 13, 2007

Fantasia

Ok- I'm converted. Even though I have traditionally enjoyed a variety of music over the years, for whatever reason I have not been interested in listening to music during the past several years. (That's one reason D. has been so excited to have a whole room with a door where he can play tunes instead of our one room place) But this week I've actually been enjoying some music. I picked up two Shedaisy cd's (see playlist) One I had several years ago but it disappeared somewhere and the other is new to me. In addition to avoiding music, I always avoided shows such as American Idol. My "reason" was that I hate hearing people "fail" or "do badly". (I avoid figure skating and gymnastic shows for the same reason) I guess I need to work on my optimism. In any case, when I flipped on the TV at about 8:30 this morning Good Morning America had their Friday Summer concert series going. Normally, I flip the channel to avoid the musical group but for some reason I was curious.

Wow!

This woman has some pipes! She is currently appearing in The Color Purple on Broadway. She sang two tunes- one pop and "I'm Here" from the show. Her presence and demeanor were truly inspiring. I'm a convert! Now I can't believe I missed all the "Fantasia" hype when it was going on. Well, maybe it's better that way.

www.fantasiabarrinoofficial.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin