Wednesday, July 18, 2007

yoga for one

So, yesterday's 4:30 Level 2 class was taught by Blaire, a pleasant, knowledgeable yogi with flowing hair and a generous sprinkling of fun looking tattoos. As it turns out, I was the only student. Now, this puts me in an awkward position for two reasons.

1. I do not blend in.
2. The teacher is watching me the WHOLE time.

So, I had a choice to make. Leave, and avoid the one to one attention or grab the opportunity for a "private" yoga session.
I grabbed.
It was fun, and we did a lot of abs work and some pilates based stuff on top of the yoga.

Tomorrow I plan to try a morning and an afternoon class to make up for not going today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to that experience. The very first time I took a Bikram Yoga class was at this gymnastics place for kids. The instructor had a regular dance room assigned to her with a mirror on one side of the wall and a balance bar on the other side. She also brought with her about 4-5 heaters since it was a Bikram class. Unfortunately, the heaters did not heat the room nearly enough and it was still pretty cool in the room. I was the only student there and this was my very first Bikram class. I stayed and felt I learned a lot from her. She was the one who taught me not to be afraid to bend all the way backwards. The next time I went for a class she was no longer there. I was disappointed, but I undertood. That's when I started going to The Yoga College of India in Ft. Lauderdale and learned what real torture is all about! LOL

Good luck with your one-on-one classes. I think that's cool. :)

Gretchen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin