Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Freecycle!

I freecycled today!

If you haven't tried this yet, it's a great feeling...
www.freecycle.org is a national program where people can post items they want to rid themselves of but others may find useful!
I was a little hesitant about it when I first heard of it (J. is the freecycling pioneer of the family- go J!) because it involves strangers picking things up from you but as long as you follow the freecycle guidelines, it's fine! You can even meet in a grocery lot or just leave the item at a particular spot if you feel better about that. So, how it works in a nutshell:

you join a local freecycle group (ours is through yahoo groups)
you post the item you want to 'offer'
interested parties respond and you set up the pick-up

We got rid of this:



and a little boy now has a cool window!

4 comments:

Linda Slocum said...

Freecycle is a great way to get rid of things that still have some life left in them, rather than having them end up in our ever-expanding landfills. You can find everything from kid's clothes to furniture and craft supplies. I had some happy freecyclers pick up a Dogloo and a recliner that we were no longer using.

Unknown said...

I *LOVE* freecycle. I had seeing useful things end up in the trash. Peg, I'm so proud of you!!

Unknown said...

I *LOVE* freecycle. I hate seeing useful things end up in the trash. Peg, I'm so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

I did not know about Freecycle. Sounds like a new and interesting way to get involved with recycling. Thanks to you, P, I just joined our group here in SA. I am excited. Thanks for the information!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin