I'm guessing this is 1974. Dad invented the push cart where you don't have to bend down way before Step2. He used a 2 X 4. Cool, huh? I sure appreciated it. I could still steer of course.
Well, actually it was two 1 X 2s nailed together so that one board was a couple inches longer at the bottom than the other making a notch that fit over the back edge of that little car. That way I could bear up a little bit to brake and also for steering left or right although Peggy figured she was steering! That was so much fun! I would come home for lunch from the East Liverpool campus and we would take a stroll (with the Fisher Price car) down along the Ohio River on Ohio Street I think it was. We lived one block back. There were always cool barges to see running up and down the river. And when we went to Sea World or Cedar Point, that little car went everywhere with us. It was small enough (and so was the stick) that it could go right into the bleachers with us when we watched shows. And back onto the midway Peggy could drive again and dad had just as much fun.
1 comment:
Well, actually it was two 1 X 2s nailed together so that one board was a couple inches longer at the bottom than the other making a notch that fit over the back edge of that little car. That way I could bear up a little bit to brake and also for steering left or right although Peggy figured she was steering! That was so much fun! I would come home for lunch from the East Liverpool campus and we would take a stroll (with the Fisher Price car) down along the Ohio River on Ohio Street I think it was. We lived one block back. There were always cool barges to see running up and down the river. And when we went to Sea World or Cedar Point, that little car went everywhere with us. It was small enough (and so was the stick) that it could go right into the bleachers with us when we watched shows. And back onto the midway Peggy could drive again and dad had just as much fun.
Ivan
Post a Comment